Monday 30 November 2009

.....I'm Going Slightly Mad......

Having not done any craft fairs since the summer and been otherwise occupied for the past few months, I didn't realise quite how much work would be involved preparing for a couple of Christmas fairs! Not only have I been replenishing my stock at a very fast rate, but I have also had to sort out and re-display all my jewllery for ease of transport, as I have foolishly put myself down for two fairs that run consecutively on Friday afternoon/evening at two different venues.


Above are two more little purses, finished and ready for sale. The doggie one comes with a felt brooch (all my own design) and the ant one has the mascot sewn on to the front of the purse.


I have spent two days sewing necklaces to boards so that I can whisk them from home to car to venue to car to venue to home.


Not the prettiest way of showing off my work, but it sure saves time and energy when setting up and packing away!

The two Christmas fairs are at Tavistock Infant School, Fleet 3 - 4.30 p.m. and Elvetham Heath School, Fleet, 6 - 8 p.m. Come and say hello if you are in the area, and you might also find some original Christmas gifts.

Still to do........price mascots, sew up four disembowelled guinea pigs - if the squeakers ever arrive from the USA - make 3 guinea pig beds & carrots, have a minor breakdown, paint a picture, make some more phone charms, make a necklace, have a little cry, pack it all up ready to go, and on Saturday....fall over!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Only slightly mad? LOL

I know where you're coming from. There's just so much involved behind the scenes of craft fairs and the like that the buyers never see - from making the merchandise to pricing it to making/buying/thinking of displays for it to transport etc, it all just seems to take forever and a day.

Your displays look great and I am sure you'll sell lots. Two craft fairs in one day is a tall order, but I am sure you'll manage. At least it'll all be over in the one day.

Best of luck!

Laura Sparling said...

Squeaky guineas, you say? Do show us pics ..... if you have a spare minute!