Tuesday 8 June 2010

What's New, Pussy-Cat?


As I have a wonderful commission to recreate five real cats in miniature, I thought it might be an idea to see if I can actually knit a very small cat before wading straight into work for someone else! I've never done it before and don't have a pattern, so had to work out how to adapt the puppy pattern.


I think he turned out fairly well - I can see where I need to tweak things next time round, but on the whole he bears an uncanny resemblance to a big ol' ginger tom I used to own before I became a convert to dog ownership.


This ginger tom wil be going on to Etsy once I have kitted him out (kitted...haha!) with some accessories to go with his comfy turquoise bed.

4 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Very cute. :-) I think he'd look great in a 'fluffier' yarn. The bed is sweet too. Can't wait for the other ones. xo

Soggibottom said...

I would never have believed you had a cat :-)
This one looks as if he could give Frank a run for his money. x x x
Does he come with his own mouse ?

Unknown said...

lol This guy is hilarious. Like most things you do, I have no idea how you do it. But it is very amazing and i just hope this guy is spayed, or neutered, or de-yarned lol.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

He's wonderful! I might just have to get you to do George and Rosie.