Wednesday 7 July 2010

Are We Nearly There Yet?


The summer fair at work is tomorrow (Tavistock Infant School, 2.45 p.m. if you are in the area) and having worked every evening for a week, sometimes until past midnight, I have managed to make two knitted cats and two knitted dogs in coats plus their beds. Hopefully tonight I can complete the sets with their food bowls and toys.


The scruffy little terrier is the latest addition...he looks very like my dear departed Jasper, especially in his black coat.

Any of these little sets that don't sell tomorrow will then make an appearance in my Etsy shop over the weekend.....apart from the Tibetan terrier who already has a prospective owner waiting in the wings.

If you would like one of these sets custom made for you, don't hesitate to get in touch - especially with the summer holidays coming up when I will have six whole weeks of free time to be creative.



I had a nice surprise this week - this painting has been on show at the local hospital for a couple of months and has now been sold. Some of you may remember the trouble I had with it......I'm so pleased it has moved on despite the rocky start it had!

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Love your two little dogs. Definitely worth the trouble. Hope you get their toys done tonight. :-) Fingers crossed you sell them all at the school fair and get more commissions.

Great news on selling the zebra painting. I am not surprised it went, it's a lovely painting. xo

Soggibottom said...

Well done matey. :-)
Mutts look really good. I wish I was around tomorrow or I would surprise you and call in, you might have to give me a while to find it though :-0
x x x

sarah summers said...

Hi Caroline
Just popped over to your Etsy shop and had a quick peep at Egg the Dog and all his belongings!!, you have the patience of a saint - I don't know how you do it, all these little knitted animals are so charming.