Thursday 16 December 2010

Final Wave...

Now I can say this is finished.  I've darkened some bits, added a bit more intensity to the shadows within the spray, generally titivated, and cropped a couple of inches off the bottom which balances the whole thing better.
It's been bugging me for days but I haven't been able to do anything about it until today.  On to the next one....

Thank you for all your birthday wishes - it was on the whole a pretty good birthday.  If you are a Narnia fan, I can recommend the latest movie.  We enjoyed it thoroughly and even shed a tear at the end when........no, you'll have to see it for yourselves.  Christmas shopping wasn't so much fun - too many people, too much stuff, sensory overload......so we got a few bits and went home to a nice cup of tea and a mince pie instead.

One more day of term to go - I spent my morning today helping children to make a snowman, a party hat, and drawing I don't know how many Santa in his sleigh pictures for colouring in.  If I had any sense, I would have done just one picture a couple of weeks ago and photocopied it! Never, ever, tell six year olds that you can draw.....

3 comments:

Noemi said...

It really looks amazing. I find painting water SO difficult. Well done. You can almost feel the breeze of the wave breaking.

Soggibottom said...

Good stuff Caroline...
Pleased you had a good day yesterday. Your own fault for saying you could draw :-) I CAN'T :-) :-)
I could have done your photocopying though... Enjoy your last day my friend. Mince pie sounds good :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Looks fab. :-) Love your wave pics. :-) The holidays are almost here - 2 1/2 hours till Ben gets home and we're officially on holiday. xoxoxo