Wednesday 26 January 2011

On The Road........


I've really been putting the hours in on this in an attempt to finish him before the end of the week.  It's nearly there, just his bottom and belly to do and then an understated background.  I'm at the stage where I hate it and think it should go in the bin.  I don't know about any other artists out there, but I always get like this a few days before the completion of a picture - I don't know if it is because I have been looking at it for too long or if it is because it needs the final touches to come together, but today it looks to me like an amateur daub.  I am well aware that this feeling will pass, it happens too often for me not to recognise it and deal with it, but it is not nice.  It will be OK as soon as I sit down and get on with it!

On to something more whimsical - it's a chair!  A very little knitted chair!






This I am pleased with - I have adapted the sofa, changed the colours and made the pattern simpler (and quicker).
This will have it's own little dog and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces before going on Etsy.

Talking of knit sofa and dogs, this is still up for grabs...he's feeling pretty sad that only a couple of people want to give him a home!  He's very small, just 3.5 inches (9 cm) tall and the sofa is 8 inches (20 cm) long.  He has wool jointed legs, sewn in teddy eyes and a leather collar.  If you have anything you'd like to swap for him , do get in touch - it doesn't have to be anything arty-crafty!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It's looking amazing, don't give up on it.

I know what you mean about hating your own work. I can be very critical about anything I produce too, always seeing any imperfections. Sometimes it's a curse but I'm sure it helps to produce great work, which in your case semms to be working!

Great work with the knitted chair too, very cute.

Sue Doran said...

Ditto Jessica's comment. He's astonishingly good, I can really sense the power of the animal.