Sunday 16 January 2011

Making Progress......

For the first time in weeks I have had a weekend with free afternoons in which to paint undisturbed - how I have missed that!  So the snow leopard has progressed quite a bit, although still an incredible amount of work left to do.  I am working with a size 2 brush so it is painstakingly slow and will probably damage my eyesight even more, but oh how I am enjoying it.  Will I finish it in time to enter into the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year competition before the end of January?  Anybody's guess at the moment!

In the evenings I knit  - at the moment I am attempting the mini-sofa from my Mochimochi book that I was given for Christmas and sorely regretting it.  Who knew this pattern involved making a sofa that was anatomically correct?  Add to that the two colour pattern and you have a whole lot of work....but I just keep thinking how cute it will look with a knit dog or cat stretched out on it.

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

LOL Trust you to try and knit a sofa. Are you going to do a 'to scale version' of it too?

Love the snow leopard. Fingers crossed it'll be ready for the exhibition. xoxo

Niky Sayers said...

Wow that is fantastic! I love the way your showing it to us as you go, makes me realise how much work goes into it!

Sue Doran said...

The snow leopard is going to be magnificent! I like the idea of a dog on a sofa :-)