Monday 31 January 2011

Tutti-Frutti

Had a little dabble with the Inktense colour blocks yesterday, a simple still life raided from the fruit bowl.  Wow, talk about being forced to work in a looser style!   There is no way you can draw in any detail with these, the colour comes off very much like a stick of pastel.  However, once you get a wet brush on it, the pigment intensifies incredibly and you can guide it as if you were painting.  It is also possible to use the colour blocks as you would watercolour pans and just lift pigment off with your brush and paint with it.  I'm still thinking of a suitable subject to try these properly on - it has to be something very colourful indeed!

After thrashing myself getting the snow leopard finished and entered in time for the 31st January deadline of the Wildlife Artist of the Year competition, I got an e-mail today saying they had extended the last date for entries by another week.  Typical!  I'm still pleased that I managed to paint it as fast as I did though - working to a tight deadline gives me the required kick up the backside I need sometimes!

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Ah, looking good here... They look good enough to eat. :-) x x x
Really love the colour X

Sallie said...

Lovely!