Tuesday 11 January 2011

Pug!


Pugs seem to be a bit of a 'thing' for me at the moment - they are very cute little dogs, although I don't hanker after owning a real one.  I do enjoy making them out of felt and yarn however - this is the latest little chap.  It is loosely based on a patten from the book I was given, but once again the instructions for the face were vague and unclear so I had to use my initiative.  I also changed the legs - I didn't like the sewn on stumpy ones, so improvised extra length for the upper leg and wool jointed them in place. 

He also has a smart red coat - well, it's cold outside!

The sore throat has now knocked me for six - perhaps striding round a zoo in the cold yesterday wasn't such a good idea! 

7 comments:

Sue Doran said...

He's a cutie, very smart coat on him but I can't help thinking that you're taking better care of your knitted dogs than you are of yourself; stay warm and get better!

Caroline B said...

Thanks Sue - I promise today I have been staying in and coddling myself. I just couldn't pass up on a free trip to the zoo!

Gretel said...

Definitely needs a coat in this weather! I haven't been as ill as you, just a nagging sore throat, but standing around sketching in that wind brought it back the next day! Our mums were right...wrap up warmly or stay inside! Hope you do so and recover soon.

Magpie Magic said...

Cute. :-) Glad you managed to work it out somehow. I hate it when instructions are just wrong. xo

Anonymous said...

How can i get the free pattern please.

Caroline B said...

I suggest you buy the book, just like I had to.

Nina said...

Would help knowing what book it was that you bought... can't see it mentioned in your post!