Thursday 15 December 2011

On Getting Back To Normal.......

As today is my umpty-umpth birthday and I'm tired, I decided to spend the afternoon doing what I wanted instead of charging around like a loon which has been the pattern of the past few weeks.  So after a nice nap and a brisk but cold dog walk across muddy fields, I started Blue Jellyfish No.9 - nine!  Never thought  I'd paint so many of these things, but they do seem popular.  This is the very beginning stage, with the jellyfish body and frills painted loosely in watercolour and salt sprinkled to get a nice lacy effect.  It felt good to play with watercolours again.....
While I wait for the yarn to finish my scarf, I have returned to the animation work.  Can you guess what this is going to be?  No, not a miniature Stonehenge (who else loved that scene in Spinal Tap?) but a miniature fireplace.  It took a whole evening to model the pieces around which to knit, using plenty of foam board and double sided tape.  Doesn't look like much now, but once the knitting is done and the decorative 'tiles' put in place, it will start to take shape.  Anyone know how to construct a knitted grate and a toasting fork?  How about knitted fire??  I'm looking forward to the challenge!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Hooray! Another jellyfish! I love them and I love mine.

Hope you had a good day yesterday. :-)

Can't wait to see you knit tiles, grates and fire. LOL xoxo

Raggy Rat said...

and flames too ? xxxx