Sunday 1 July 2012

Shells & Swans

I ordered this bead from Cheeky Cherub Designs last week, and when it came yesterday I was overjoyed.  The photo really doesn't do it justice, it is so beautiful.  Now I have to think about how I am going to make a necklace with it - I am thinking on natural thread with a few shells maybe.  It's been such a long time since I made jewellery, I feel a little rusty.
I'm finally happy with the swan painting - I gave the water a fairly thick covering of white Inktense pigment whcih calmed the patterning on the water considerably.  It can be purchased on my Etsy shop now.

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Cute, cute bead. :-) I'd use just a few cream and grey pearls with it to let it stand on its own. :-) Shame she's on holiday, I wanted to check out what other beads she has.... LOL

The swan looks perfect now. You'd expect him/her to fly off the page. :-)

Magpie Magic said...

Arrggh. Blooming comment validation. You'll probably have 10 comments by the time it tells me that I've been successful. :-(

The bead is ever so cute. I'd just use a few grey and cream pearls (or pearlescent beads) with it, to let it stand on its own. :-)

The swan is perfect now and you expect it to fly off the page.

xo

Kelly-Belly said...

The swan turned out beautiful, and I love the shadow image too! : )