Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!





Here's hoping 2013 will be happier, healthier and a whole lot drier than 2012!
We've just been to feed the swans - but it was full of New Year's fairweather walkers with the same idea.  These pictures are from last week when we had the place to ourselves - it was drizzly and cold but lots of fun.
The swans got  a bit above themselves though, cheeky devils...
...but in the end I had them eating out of my hand!
It makes me laugh when you hear everyone trot out the same old wive's tale about swans breaking your arm with a peck or a wingbeat.  The worst we came away with was a gentle nip when fingers were mistaken for bread and a muddy webbed footprint on one shoe.

We're off to eat some delicious roast lamb - hope your New Year's Day is fun, peaceful and hangover-free!




2 comments:

Sue Doran said...

Some of the swans in Cambridge are aggressive but they have to put up with all the punting that goes on their waterways so I forgive them for being grumpy, these look much nicer! I second your hopes for a happier, healthier and drier 2013. I heard a good toast here that works well for a new year's wish: May the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows, health wealth & happiness may you prosper

Caroline B said...

Right back at you Sue - I hope 2013 is better for all of us!