Wednesday 17 December 2014

Tree's Up!

We're a little late, but the tree is finally in place - we found the perfect little tree for our sideboard (it has to be out of the way of big doggy tail-wags!) and put it in place yesterday. Lovely to get out the old familiar decorations, some going as far back as when my children were babies.  Each one brings back happy memories and I am glad I thought to keep them when we had to leave Greece with virtually nothing but the shirts on our backs some 20 years ago.

It's been a busy week - my son moved out (finally!) last weekend which was surprisingly emotional for me. I'm so pleased he is able to afford to go at last and start his life properly, but it was sad too.

I've been knitting madly, trying to get the last Christmas bits done for Nudinits - you'll have to check out their advent calendar on Twitter and Facebook to see what I've been up to.

Nothing on the easel at the moment - no time!  I'm hoping during the Christmas period I will be able to get the paints out. I miss it.

Tomorrow is the last day at the day job - after 11 years, that too will be quite a wrench.  However, I am not enjoying my current role there, I don't feel I am contributing anything other than being a childminder which makes me very unhappy, so it is definitely time to go. I am extremely excited to be starting a new chapter in my life, hopefully making a go of the arts and crafts full time.  There are some interesting things scheduled for next year - who knew naughty knitting could lead to a career change!

So, lots of changes this month - it all seemed to happen at once.  Perhaps 2015 will be a good year to make up for 2014!




No comments: