Wednesday 14 October 2015

Bonnie

This is Bonnie - she was a friend's dog back in Greece over 25 years ago.  I was asked to draw her a few weeks ago but of course, back in the 80's all we had were little snaps from our Kodak cameras that fade and become indistinct over time.
These are what I had to work from - not only small and fuzzy (the photos, not the dog!) but in the best one she has her eyes shut.  So I had to bring in to play any knowledge I have of a dog's anatomy plus a good deal of trawling through my memory.  Luckily I knew this dog as well as my own at the time, so it wasn't too bad.  It did give me a little emotional catch in the throat towards the end when I looked at the drawing, I think I caught the likeness.

Drawn with Derwent Drawing Pencils on cream pastel paper

No comments: