Monday, 5 October 2015
Fishing Bear & Tweed Triceratops...
I nearly ruined it in the final stages however - I wanted to use my new diffuser to spray white acrylic ink over to give the effect of water spray. This was not as easy as I thought, as the ink clogged up the tube a little and I ended up hyperventilating to get it to work. There was some strategic placement of kitchen paper to prevent it going everywhere as it is quite hard to control. Just when I thought it was done and dusted, I picked the diffuser out of the ink bottle & reached across my painting to put it into the water pot....and dripped huge gobbets of white ink all over the bear! Argh! Luckily I managed to get it out very fast.
I'd like to try another one using what I learnt here, but next up is a dog portrait.