Friday 18 March 2016

Plums & Plumes...



I've had no time for painting over the past 10 days, as I have had to transcribe my scribbly notebook scrawls into legible and workable knitting patterns for an up and coming exciting project.  I did manage to squeeze in a very quick watercolour sketch of some plums while I was teaching one of my students yesterday.  I knew they looked deceptively simple - it was quite a challenge getting the colours right and not too garish.  Perhaps I should try to do a few more quick paintings in between the typing just to keep my hand in!
I saw this pattern on the latest edition of Knitty.com and had to try it using my beautiful ball of yarn with the brilliant name of 'When Clowns Cry', bought at this year's Unravel.  Another thing that looked deceptively simple!  If you keep count, the pattern is easy - if you don't, it's doomed! I had to unravel a whole feather yesterday as I had been knitting while half asleep the night before and lost count completely.  I'm now keeping tally with a pencil & paper.

Back to typing....

No comments: