Tuesday 20 January 2009

My New Friend....


I came home from work today to find a long lumpy bumpy parcel waiting on my doorstep. It was my giraffe! I'd arranged a swap with Cat at Raggy Rat, and we coincided posting so that we'd get our parcels on the same day. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a flowery giraffe, I just know he's gorgeous! She has also passed on a pattern to make a zebra - looks difficult but I'll have a go. Thanks Cat!


The other day while buying supplies for the commissioned shawl, I also bought some balls of Rowan Big Wool Tuft in the sale as I could not resist the organic look of it. It took about an hour to knit up a scarf but about three days to dry it after blocking! It is very warm and I like the little tufts of wool! Soon to be on Etsy.

The shawl is well on it's way and looking simply beautiful - I'm using Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 'Pearl', so it will look like gossamer when it's done.

I'm in a rage today - all because of a trip to Morrison's supermarket. Am I the only one reduced to an incandescent fury by their incompetence? The shelves are always missing the things you want, and should you dare to express a liking for a product, that's the cue for it to disappear from their range, never to be seen again. I wanted dog food today...I buy 7 big tins of Chappie Chicken & Rice per week, so a fair amount. For two weeks they haven't had it and I've had to haul it home from the local Waitrose, putting my back out in the process. A manager last week told me they were expecting a delivery 'tomorrow'. A manager this week told me they've taken it off their range completely....there's a surprise. Then I picked the till where the woman in front hadn't activated her debit card......ARGH!

Think I'll go for a long walk with the (hungry?) dogs to calm down.....

6 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

The giraffe is so cute, no wonder you had to have it! LOL

Love the scarf and see what you mean about the organic look.

AND I totally agree with your rage about supermarkets. The same often happens to me... especially with mayonnaise. Don't get me started!!!

Laura Sparling said...

That giraffe is wonderul! Does he have a name?

Our Tesco has been awful lately. Six things I needed to get last shopping trip were out of stock including my Baxters chicken noodle soup. I wasn't happy!

Raggy Rat said...

thanks for featuring my giraffe and me again
have girls and dog pics to post up soon
yes, give giraffe a name - and a sex !!!!

natural attrill said...

What a lovely giraffe present!
I like the little tufts on the scarf as well.
P.x

Unknown said...

cute giraffe :0)

Nuvofelt said...

I have refused to shop at any branch of Morrisons since I heard how little the man at the top regards his customers.