Wednesday, 8 April 2009


I've had this Japanese fabric for a while and had a plan in my head but never the time to wrestle with the sewing well as 'breaking' the sewing machine for a while (long story involving me taking out a bobbin to untangle it and not putting the bits back correctly afterwards - I spent days trying to re-assemble partner took five minutes to do it properly. Well, he is a mechanic!)
Anyway, yesterday I finally bit the bullet and cut a little bag out of the fabric as well as some pale blue felt lining and stitched it all together with a zip - looks almost professional! Then in the evening I made a little felt ant mascot (another Japanese pattern) and stitched him and his purloined cherry on to the bag. Going on to Etsy very shortly.
I did make another bag with a different fabric but haven't made it's applique yet. There will be a fair few of these now I have got the hang of it and the time to play.


Sallie said...

Soooo cute!

Magpie Magic said...

This is really sweet. I love the ant fabric and the cute little ant & cherry you've made.

Can't wait to see the others.