Saturday, 18 April 2009

That Was Quick!





After the enormous struggle it took to make the horse using this pattern, I was surprised to have finished this zebra in one day - admittedly, I used the sewing machine for quite a bit of it and also due to the cancelled zoo trip I had a bit more spare time, but even so that was really good going.



I used the zebra print felt that I bought a while back which luckily lent itself really well to the pattern shapes and the stripes are almost in a natural position. I'm a bit funny that way, I like things to look as realistic as possible.



The pattern just used plain black eyes, but I decided to give them the more natural zebra 'eyeliner' effect to make them stand out more against the stripes - and for authenticity. He will be up for sale on Etsy later on today.



Overall, I am very pleased with how this has turned out and now that it is not so scary using this pattern, I may make more - but perhaps horses this time as that was the only zebra felt I have for now.


Nearly finished the cheetah painting - this afternoon should do it if I am not disturbed! Just in time, as the potato illustration starts up again this weekend.



4 comments:

PG said...

Wow, that was quick! He's great, (nice mane!) and I really like the firmness of his legs.

natural attrill said...

Cute little zebra, and I like the way you've done his eyes.
P.x

Magpie Magic said...

Wow, quick and cute. Really like this. Will make the perfect present for someone.

Sallie said...

So cute! Great job, Caroline.