Thursday 16 July 2009

If You Can't Afford It, Make It Yourself!!


Where I live there is a lovely little jewellery shop that sells all silver pieces in contemporary designs. I have to walk past it every time I use the car park to go shopping and can never resist having a look in the window as there is always something I would very much like to own...in fact, I wouldn't turn down the chance to possess each and every shiny thing on display! But times being as they are, I can't justify spending the supermarket money on pretty things.....

Occasionally, however, it is possible to re-create something using what I have in my craft stash, which is what I've done with the above necklace. I've been drooling over this one for a couple of weeks now, and found some beads that would be suitable while rummaging in the bargain bags at the Gem & Bead show, and the rest I already had in my collection, so it was just a matter of putting it all together. There are a couple of differences - the large round bead should be wooden and the thonging should be double, but I am very pleased with the results - and all for under £5!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

It's a lovely necklace and probably much prettier than the original! :-) And no one else has one like it.

Soggibottom said...

I am with you....... I can sew, make jewellery (ok not that well), quilt play a guitar, garden, paint walls, (not canvas). You name it I will have a go.......... why does it bother me when I hear the words I can't do that!
......... hum...... I REALLY DO NOT PAINT ON CANVAS........hum.....x x x
but you can't win 'em all.....! ha ha...........