Thursday 7 January 2010

The 24 Hour Hat!


We still have snow....today it looks like this! But the sun is not generating any heat, it's just making everything look sparkly and extra white.


For those of you concerned about my daughter's cold head during this weather (she's such a neglected and under-privileged young lady....) she now has a nice warm woolly hat to keep her ears warm. I knitted this in under 24 hours actually - an evening and a bit - it would have been quicker except Madam insisted on having bobbles as in the pattern rather than easier-to-make tassels.

We gave it a trial run this morning and walked up to the town for a bit of shopping - what should have taken about an hour took us nearly two as the pavements were lethal and there is no escaping a hill before the shops. Interesting just how much shopping can be jammed into a rucksack, although I am praying the roads are clear before we run out of tinned dog food! I saw one enterprising lady pulling four big bags of shopping home on a sledge...hmm, I wonder if I could rig up a dog-pulled sledge by the weekend.......

4 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Very cute hat. I absolutely see why it needed bobbles. Stacie was right to demand them. ;-) I am just glad the poor child finally has a hat to keep her warm. Ideally she should have scarf and gloves to match it... ROFL ;-)

Gretel said...

Great hat! There is nothing better than a warm head, as shown by her smile!

Unknown said...

You knitted that in under 24 hours? The only thing I could knit in 24 hours is a series of holes in my thumbs. And your daughter looks so happy to be wearing that hat. My ungrateful daughter would never be that happy with a hat I gave her. Granted I don't have a daughter... or a wife... but if I did have a wife who gave me a daughter she'd better be more grateful than she ficticiously isn't now!

Sallie said...

Great hat! Stacie looks so proud.