Thursday 17 March 2011

Back In The Groove...

A few weeks ago I had the most awful case of painter's block - no inspiration or enthusiasm whatsoever.  So I made myself paint this zebra - it was something I knew I could do without much risk of failure and also got me back into the discipline of working on a daily basis again.  That's the trouble of not having commissions, you get lazy!

This is a watercolour, with a few touches of coloured ink at the end.  The zebra is one photographed at Marwell Zoo a couple of years ago - I have many reference photographs from Marwell saved up!  Now this is complete, I have a commission on the horizon and also a couple of ideas for my own work, so all is back on track once more - phew!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

It's a lovely painting. Congrats on getting a commission and being back in the groove. :-) xo

Sallie said...

I think the zebra is fabulous!