Tuesday 11 August 2015

Japanese Knot Bags

I can use a sewing machine adequately enough, just don't expect any well tailored garments to appear!  However, these little Japanese knot bags were within my capabilities and I couldn't resist giving this pattern a go.  I made one as a gift using a cute piece of fabric with hula girls on it plus some faux suede that came free with the magazine containing the pattern; the other bag is made from some seagull fabric I bought on a whim together with a 'sky' print.
I tried very hard to get both inner & outer of the bags nice and neat so that they can be reversible.  I also added a little flowery/beady dangle to the brown bag.  The best thing about this bag is how it closes - you loop the short handle over the long handle, then the long handle is just right for slipping over your wrist, like so:
Ideal for popping your keys, purse and a couple of small bits & pieces in if you don't want to carry a large bag.
I love clever yet simple designs - I can see lots of possibilities for this pattern.


No comments: