Saturday 1 August 2015

Clearing That Blockage!

I've not painted properly for quite a while - not sure why, possibly due to being busy with other things.  I find if I haven't painted for more than a couple of weeks I get withdrawal symptoms - it affects my mood quite badly.  It's worse when you want to paint but don't have a subject in mind.  So I've taken the bull by the horns and started a tiger in watercolour - I used to paint tigers a lot, so much so that the local art society nick-named me The Tiger Lady!  However, you can have too much of a good thing and I moved on, but it's always nice to go back to the same subject once in a while.

I'm planning on this being quite splashy and loose around the edges, with the detail in the centre only - that's the theory at least! 

Giving the knitting a rest for a bit - aching thumbs after a busy week.

No comments: