Sunday 4 May 2008

Car-Booty & a Sneaky Peek!

Oh I just love the summer months when the car-boot sales start up again! I trudged round out local one today fairly disappointed at the amount of complete rubbish on display - who really wants a grubby snaggle-haired Bratz doll or someone's really quite nasty mis-matched china? But then, two stalls before the end, I came across a treasure trove - three cardboard boxes stuffed to the brim with knitting yarn at only 50p per ball! Boy, was I regretting coming out with only £10 in my purse!! But I still managed to grab all the above, a selection of the best bits and enough to calm my yarn cravings for a while....yes, I know I got a ton of mohair not that long ago, but every junkie needs their fix!

After that little windfall, I spent the rest of the morning at the local exhibition painting the above, my latest zebra. Please bear in mind that it is a long way from finished - even the bits you see aren't finished yet - but I thought you might like a taster.

4 comments:

Gretel said...

That is a veeery nice ball of deep red perched on top - my knitting skills are severely limited so I have avoided the yarn addiction!

Zebra is looking very good indeed! :)

Caroline B said...

Hi pg - the red yarn has already been addressed, on it's way to being a bag with roses......

natural attrill said...

Car boot sales are brilliant! though Toby does have to nag me sometimes to get up early enough on a Sunday morning to nab the bargains.
Your zebra painting is looking good, you are SO clever Caroline!!
P.

Laura Sparling said...

Zebra is fab - those water ripples are astounding!