Friday 30 May 2008

Why Didn't I Buy More of These?

Whilst at Aura Bead Store in London, I bought a couple of wooden discs, not really sure what I'd paint on them but sure I'd find some use along the way. Today I painted one of them with a little jungle scene, varnished it and had the brainwave of hanging a little wooden parrot bead in front. The whole pendant is on a soft brown suede thong with a hand-made hook fastening. It is choker length. I am SO pleased with how it's turned out....I will try not to keep it for myself, honest! The annoying thing is, I only have one more disc and I've already painted that sky blue with a view to a different scene. Ah well, I guess this will remain an exclusive for now....£12 + P&P

3 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Wow! Caroline - that's such a marvellous idea and so beautifully executed. You should definitely make more.

Laura x

natural attrill said...

That's very pretty Caroline, I like the idea of using the little bird, it looks good hanging infront of the foliage.
P.x

Magpie Magic said...

Love the colours and the little parrot. Great idea.