Monday 15 June 2009

A Prickly Customer....

Still using up the neon yarn, a bright orange shade this time. The photo doesn't dazzle like the yarn does in real life. I've crocheted the same basic square shoulder bag, with a blue panel on the front to represent the sky. I racked my brains to think what on earth to applique on such a hot colour and came up with the idea of a desert cactus. Perhaps it had something to do with a post I read on PG's blog about cacti which may have sewn a seed in my subconscious!

Anyway, here he is made of green felt with tiny button eyes and a cheerful smile. I've sewn him on with blanket stitch using bright green embroidery silk and scattered spines on him with the same silk.

I have another bag in blue awaiting a design but I am still torn between an underwater theme or cherry blossom - too tired today to make the decision. I've painted three potato illustrations in the space of a week as well as working on the portrait. Time to veg out in front of the TV with a beer I think......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ah this is so sweet!

Gretel said...

I saw the picture before I scrolled down...and had the feeling I was being haunted by the blessed things! A far nicer specimen than my horrid old things. :)

Sallie said...

Another really cute bag!

natural attrill said...

I like this one, cute but also unusual, nice colours as well.
Penny.