Tuesday 16 February 2010

It's a Cownundrum....


Talk about winging it! I've been asked to make a cow soft toy, and rather than search fruitlessly for a pattern that I know won't be what I want, I have chosen to make up my own. The above head is the result of a couple of evenings work, which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I guess when you knit enough soft toys you get to learn what goes where and when to increase or decrease to shape the item. I think the most time-consuming part of this was writing it all down in a legible form just in case anyone else decides they want a cow toy! (I remember the mad scramble for the guinea pigs before Christmas!)

The other two pieces of knitting are lace shawls that have been put on the back burner for a while - the white one is so close to being finished but I needed a break before my eyes began bleeding!

Let's hope the body and legs of the cow will be as painless as the head...watch this space!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ah cute cow-well done Caroline!

Bronwen said...

Love it. No doubt there will be more.

Sallie said...

The cow's head is really cute. I'm sure the whole cow will be wonderful.

Raggy Rat said...

love the head shot ... as well as how she all turned out !