Tuesday 22 February 2011

Done!

Here is the completed jellyfish - I'm really not that happy with it, it's not what I had in mind when I started.  It was mainly an experiment to see what the Inktense pigments were like when used like watercolours and I had originally planned a penguin to be swimming past, but then my computer went down and I thought I'd lost my reference photo so subsituted a jellyfish.  That just goes to show what happens when a picture is not planned out properly!

And as for the Inktense pigment sticks - well, when used as crayons/pastels for drawing, they really are not for me, far too clumsy for my style of work.  However, when mixed with water they make a wonderfully rich and intense (hence the name I guess!) paint which doesn't streak and can be used layer upon layer without affecting the previous colour.  So I think I will be using them but probably not in the way they were intended! I can see them being really useful for backgrounds or a touch of really bright colour when needed.

In order to kick-start my 'mojo' I have begun a simple zebra painting - it's something I know I can do without too much effort, will get me back into the routine of working which will then hopefully banish the blurghs!

3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

You might not be happy with it, but I think many would be :-) X X X

Sue Doran said...

Poor painting, it'll be feeling all unloved and lose self-confidence ... I hope it doesn't see your blog - please tell it from me that I think it's perfectly wonderful!

Magpie Magic said...

It's a lovely painting, even if it's not as delicate as the others. I love the intense colours. :-)