Thursday 10 February 2011

I Know Where Fairies Live.....

Where I walk the dog every morning is fairly remote, a playing field only used at weekends and in the summer, the rest of the time it is just used by lone dogwalkers.

At the far corner of the field, away from everything, is a small group of trees.  Can you see something unusual?
How about now?  Let's go close and see just what that is......

I found this on Tuesday afternoon.  It has been very painstakingly made out of twigs all the same length and thickness.


It covers the entrance to a rabbit hole....or is it the gate to faeryland?


Whatever it is, it made me smile and I was glad it was still there yesterday when I took my camera along.  Perhaps somewhere there is a budding Andrew Goldsworthy?



Whenever there is something nice, isn't there always someone who wants to spoil it?  I'm pleased to say that Clovis just had a sniff then left it alone.

I wonder what we'll find today?

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Brillient. Love it... you will have a load of sheep walking around there next time you visit... keep it quiet :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! Lovely! The things you find when you're out. :-) xo