Monday 14 February 2011

Waiting for the Repairman.........

Initially, this post was just going to be about my new scarf that I completed last night.  It's been quite a labour of love, the yarn is incredibly fine and it has taken me over a week to crochet.

It was definitely worth it though, and I have worn it today and am very pleased.  On to the denim wristwarmers.....

This afternoon I had to wait in for the washing machine repairman.  As always, they told me any time between 1 and 6 p.m.  So while waiting, I have.....

..made pumpkin pie.  It's browner than the photo - I'm still struggling to get back to normal with photo editing on my 'new' computer as I lost the previous camera software.


I also made ginger beer - a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe that I can thoroughly recommend.  If you leave it long enough, it even gets a little alcoholic - what's not to like!


I've inspected the growth of the bulbs in the garden - we're going to have a lot of mini daffodils again this year.

I've even done all the ironing.....I cannot believe I was so bored I  photographed the ironing. 

And I have put up with an awful lot of this face, combined with whining as he cannot understand why we didn't go for our usual walk at about half past two.

And after all that, the repairman turned up at 5, stayed for about five minutes - just long enough to determine that my washing machine needs a spare part and he'll return another day when it arrives.  Then I can wait all over again......

P.S. no need for sympathy, the washing machine isn't broken just VERY LOUD when it spins. 
Think I'd better take the dog out now....

3 comments:

Sallie said...

Beautiful scarf! I recognize that face on Clovis. I get that a lot from my greyhound, Oscar.

Magpie Magic said...

LOL You WERE bored, weren't you? ;-) Love your shawl. It's beautiful. Looks really light and warm.

Shame about the repairman though. Hope next time he'll turn up sooner. xoxo

Gretel said...

You are such a skillful knitter, I am always amazed at your work. I've been meaning to try making (properly alcoholic) ginger beer for years, I might give it a go now. BTW, the venison was the best I've ever had, slow cooked for about 15 hours. It was shot in the Highlands by someone who lives near the mill and he shares it out with his neighbours (our hosts), but I didn't write that on my blogpost for fear of offending people who equate real deer with Bambi. :)