Monday 11 July 2011

Meadow

This painting took a lot longer than anticipated - the loose painterly style I was aiming for turned as usual into a highly detailed and labour intensive piece of work.  I don't mind though, I am quite pleased with the result.

This was painted in Derwent Inktense colour blocks, with touches of Inktense pencil at the end to add depth within the plants.  It will be for sale in my Etsy shop shortly, or alternatively you can get in touch with me directly.

The field where I took the reference photos for this work is just full to the gills with wild flowers - there are more and more each day, different ones coming up all the time.  There are even some sunflowers amongst them all - walking the dog has become such a floral pleasure this summer!  Perhaps I will remember my camera in the morning and get some more photos to work from...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you seem to have been so busy Caroline! Lovely work and photos :0)

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! Lovely! xoxo

Soggibottom said...

Another hit :-) x x x