Wednesday 14 September 2011

At Last!

Here are the completed armchairs plus a matching footstool and coordinating scatter cushions.  Each armchair measures exactly 8 inches tall, with the seat being 2 inches off the ground.

These involved an incredible amount of knitting as the basic structures are completely covered, as well as the patterned seat cushions.  I'm really pleased they ended up so uniformly the same and really quite sturdy.  I'm also glad I got these out of the way first before tackling the other items of furniture required, as I think these might have been the most labour intensive.

Now, any suggestions on how to construct a knitted aquarium?

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! Even the queen wouldn't feel out of place coming to tea or for a spot of TV dinner. ;-)

A knitted aquarium...? Uh-oh. Rather you then me... maybe knit the glass walls with invisible thread around a frame? You could use the same invisible thread to hang the fish from the top?