Monday 26 September 2011

More of Stacie's Art.....

My daughter came home today bearing this lovely piece of work.. For those of you who don't know, Stacie has Down's Syndrome, so anything involving fine motor skills takes a great deal of effort and concentration for her.  This is a painting on silk of the Queen of Hearts that she did while at Bell's Piece, Farnham, where she goes each Monday to work in their art studio.  I'm so impressed with the quality of what she produces when she is there, and I know that it has been all her own work.  Maybe she can take over some of my commissions one day!

Look at this monster that has set up home in my front garden!  It's about 2 inches long and it's web was about 3 feet wide.  We'd better watch out...I've seen Arachnophobia, I know what can happen......

The knitted aquarium is now complete - pictures tomorrow when the sun is out and the light is good.

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! The silk painting is beautiful. :-) Love the big spider too. Not seen one that big in our garden yet. xoxo