Thursday 29 September 2011

The Eyes Have It...

Many times I read that other animal artists always start their paintings with the eyes, and if they don't go well, then the painting might as well be scrapped.  I have to wholeheartedly agree - the eyes are the essence and character of all animals, capture them on your paper and you are half-way there.  So I was very pleased upon starting my latest commission yesterday when the eyes turned out just right - phew!

It is always a bit spooky to see a pair of disembodied eyes peering out from a blank page though - I feel I should check behind to see where the rest of the dog is!
I forgot and nearly sent the aquarium off without a knitted tub of fish food! That would never do, poor things.  This is about an inch and a half tall and embroidered with the fish and words.  The weird things I have knitted this year....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this dog portrait looks like it's gong to be great!!

Magpie Magic said...

The dog portrait looks great. Spooky but great. LOL Glad you managed to wrap and send your aquarium. :-) xoxo