Friday 6 January 2012

Come Sit By The Fire......

Yesterday I spent the whole evening working out how on earth to make a grate out of florists wire - took a couple of attempts - and then the rest of the time knitting fire.  This was quite fun - I knitted a square of garter stitch in black and sewed it up in a random 'lump' before adding the glowing coals with embroidered yarn.  I then knitted three different flame shapes using red, oranges and yellow and sewed them on top of the coals.  They have been wired for movement as of course this is for the animation.

All that's left to do is to somehow fashion a yarn toasting fork...I think it will have to have a wire base and then be wrapped as I cannot knit one!

Next is the dreaded cuckoo clock - I have left this to last as I have not the faintest idea of how to go about it!

1 comment:

WendyCarole said...

we had a fireplace like this when I was little. Toast made by the fire was the best.