Thursday 19 January 2012

Now I Can Get On!

As I seem to be unable to get on with one project while another sits unfinished, I sat up last night and completed this crochet lace scarflet.  I can't call it a shawl as despite adding three extra rows, it did turn out quite small.  I followed the pattern to the letter but perhaps my crochet tension is a lot tighter than other people's - must be all that amigurumi where the stitches have to be as tight as can be!

I washed it, blocked it, fell in love with it!
Especially as it matches my favourite t-shirt and floaty cardigan combination!  So it was worn today and will stay in my small personal collection of pretty scarves.  However, if you would like one made for you, do get in touch - it is such a delicate and adaptable design, I would be happy to crochet it again.

Now that is out of the way, I can get on with the paid work!  The basic construction of the cuckoo clock is complete and now I have to begin knitting it's cover.  And this afternoon, like a big box of chocolates waiting to be opened, I can start on the acrylic dog portrait - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

It is very pretty, but I did think it looked small. Cute though. :-) It's good to keep something for yourself now and again. Good luck with the cuckoo clock! xoxo

Soggibottom said...

You crochet too. My word a lady with so many talents :-) x x x

Not growing tomato plants :-) he he he.........

But hey, you know, I do not crochet, this scarf is beauty....... Not beautiful, beauty, because I can't do that :-)
I know how, just can never make it look as good. Talented lady :-) X X X