Saturday 19 January 2013

Let It Snow......

...no, please don't!  I'm not a big fan of snow, despite it being so pretty.  It's all very well if you have nothing better to do, but when you have to go to work, get the shopping (carried the week's fruit and veg home from the market in a rucksack this morning - good job I'm a sturdy lady!) and walk the dog, quite frankly I could do without it.
Luckily the dog decided today that he quite liked it - yesterday he went on strike during both walks due to severe problems with ice-balls forming under his feet.  Not a happy boy at all!
Today was different though, with the overnight temperatures freezing the surface of the snow, so he managed a good run and some exploration.  I'm sure we saw Mr.Tumnus down here somewhere....
Maybe not!
Lots of pretty dried seed heads against the snow - everything has a blue tinge to it as this was very early in the morning, with the sun just coming up over the horizon.
Still, all this cold does give us the excuse to have some of this after our exertions - hot chocolate and raspberry sponge, yum!
There have been some shenanigans on the sofa too - cheeky pups!





3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Snow and ice are no friends of ours either.. You take care in that field, Hey Clovis...

:-)

Look after yer mum.. and I know your mum looks after you....
Still no snow here... not missing it :-) :-) xxx

Kelly-Belly said...

Awww! I really love that first picture. : )

Magpie Magic said...

Lovely pictures. :-) I like the snow. It makes me feel all cosy sitting inside and looking out. BUT then I've been clever enough to get a couple of cats and no dog. LOL It's snowing really heavily here and Ben is hoping for a snow day. :-) xoxo