Tuesday 15 January 2013

Minimum Bloodshed...

Ta-dah!  This is my first ever attempt at needlefelting and I'm just grateful it looks almost like the picture on the kit and that I emerged at the end relatively unscathed. Whilst making the ears I stabbed myself a few times, but that was probably due to not working on a table - sitting on the sofa watching tv, your attention tends to wander occasionally!

There are two more little heads to make from this kit, which I shall be doing.  I don't think I will be embracing needlefelting as a craft to do on a regular basis, but it is very satisfying sculpting the wool and I would like to try to make something a little more ambitious than a ball with ears and eyes!  If anyone has any tips on how to eliminate the slightly orange-peel texture, please let me know.

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Good start. What a lovely little guy.
:-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Looks great. :-) I think the orange peel texture comes from using a too big sized needle? I remember using a really fine one really gently at the end to get it really smooth.

xoxo