Thursday 29 May 2014

Leopard

Yesterday was finally a productive day and this painting got finished at last.  I think I could spend another week on it if I am honest, messing about with finer details, but it needs to be left now as I have other things to be done.  I also want to enter this into the Derwent Prize this year and there aren't many days left to do so!

This was using Derwent Drawing Pencils on a light brown pastel paper, with copious amounts of white body paint as white pencils just don't show up.  I wish someone would invent a white pencil that did the job properly.

The leopard is one I photographed at Marwell Zoo last month - I had to 'edit out' the wire from the enclosure.

Next up - a horse and his girl in acrylics.

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! Wonderful. xoxox

Magpie Magic said...

Wow, wonderful! :-) xoxo