Tuesday 29 September 2015

Bear Necessities...

 I have about ten WIP's on the go at the moment - not sure why, I think I am just so keen to make everything I see at the moment.  I really should concentrate on one at a time.  In the meantime, I have been having great fun watching bears..
 Since I doubt that I will ever be able to afford to go to Alaska to see them in person, I have been following a website called explore.org which has webcams in all sorts of interesting places around the world.  My favourites are the cameras watching brown bears gorging themselves on salmon.  Then last week I discovered something quite mind-blowing - I could take photos using my tablet of what I was watching & send them to myself!
So although they are a bit grainy and some are not the best poses, I have a collection of photos that I can use as reference for paintings with no worries about encroaching on anyone else's copyright.  I am champing at the bit to get started!

2 comments:

Sue Doran said...

Smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo!

Anonymous said...

Ha - Great minds think alike. I was going to say just what Sue did.
I, too, view different views from explore.org - but never thought to try to take a photo. But then again, I'm not an artist, so....

;-)

T