Wednesday 9 September 2015

Time To Get Back To Work...

It's been lovely taking things a little slower over the summer, but with autumn here it is time to get back into some sort of routine & get on with some work!  The dog portrait is progressing nicely, although I had forgotten just how much effort goes into an acrylic painting of this type.  It feels very slow after the speed I can work with for a drawing, but it is worth it in the end.  Lots more to do here, the only thing just about finished is his head.
This lace scarf is finally finished, knitted in a fine, slightly stiff, linen yarn. If I hadn't made a false start and knitted half of it before realising my mistake, it would have been done a lot faster.  Currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

Pretty!
We've been making the most of the autumn fruits - fillng the freezer with bags of blackberries to keep us going with crumbles throughout the winter, and picking lots of apples from our tree - which survived it's collapse.  Also still harvesting tomatoes from the garden, but everything else is tailing off.
The aloe vera is putting out a flower.  Obviously my workroom is an ideal growing place - I picked four big tomatoes from the plant that sprang up on the windowsill in there!
I had a go at making a goldfinch feeder from some teasels I gathered while dog walking (ouch!)  They are attached to a large bamboo and I have sprinkled nyjer seeds in the heads - now have to wait and see what happens.

On the needles: a gorilla (still); a crochet blanket; and we don't talk about the summer top languishing half finished in a corner...
I also have to make yet another moorhen, child friendly this time - however, these people have paid up front!



2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Well done with the tomato plants a worthy winner this year x

Caroline B said...

Makes a change! It's been a good year for the garden, best for a long time. x