Thursday 13 December 2007

Carnival, Red Beads & Zebras...


I can't believe time is passing and I have so little to show for it! I've not been doing nothing the past week, honest! I have made a couple of necklaces using some new beads - the above is one I just can't help calling 'Carnival' - the beads just look like a celebration, and I have added a gorgeous vintage charm (Thanks,Emma) in the shape of a hot air balloon. The whole thing is nice and summery, an antidote to the rubbish wet and cold weather we have been suffering here in the UK! This one is £18 + P&P

The above is a chunky red and gold necklace, very festive for the time of year! These are some red glass beads with foil centres on a hand-made gold wire chain with red seed beads. This one is £15 + P&P

Finally, this is absolutely, positively the last ever zebra bracelet in this style! I took apart another bracelet I had made that hadn't been as successful and went back to the 'winning' formula of black and silver. There are only two zebra charms like this left, enough for a pair of earrings but no more bracelets, and Emma at 'My Vintage Charms' is unable to find any more. So if you buy this you will be one of four people in the whole world (one of whom is me!) that have one - can't get more exclusive than that really! As you can see from the picture, it is £10 + P&P

Other than the above, I have been painting like mad, getting as much done of my doggy commission as I can. It's looking good so far, but I'm not showing it's early stages. I have another commission to get on with straight afterwards, and possibly another one after that. It's all good!

I've also been knitting a scarf for a friend who gave me lots of lovely black mohair yarn, which was fun; and also trying to get some of the 'paid' knitting done (yawwwwn...) Add Christmas to the equation, it's been a busy week - roll on the holidays...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous!!!

natural attrill said...

I do love those zebra's, so quirky!
P.x