Sunday, 22 February 2009

Loki & Taryq


Here it is at last, the painting that caused me such trouble! It has now been given to it's new owners (and gone down well apparently) so I am free to show the rest of the world the finished article. I even had a bit of trouble photographing this because of the amount of black - the dog on the left is relecting the light quite a bit - in real life he does match his mate in colour.

In the end, this was painted using not only Derwent Drawing Pencils but also a Chinese brush pen with black ink, dark watercolour washes and white acrylic for the highlights and whiskers. Whatever gets the job done!!

I received a parcel from America yesterday with some felt I ordered through Etsy - giraffe and zebra print! So I am currently sewing a giraffe head with a view to making a purse - again, I worked out this pattern myself so it's been a bit hit and miss although I did have the foresight to try it out with some plain cotton first to see that everything fit together and if it needed any tinkering. So far so good....

Also busy painting many zebras and many, many stripes......but it's FUN!

3 comments:

Janine- Cherished Trinkets said...

Oh my! This is so wonderful! You have managed to capture so much character!

Magpie Magic said...

It's lovely. The character of the two dogs really comes through and the composition is great.

Sallie said...

Beautiful black dogs. Great job!