Monday 2 February 2009

To Think I Said I Didn't Like Snow........

We woke up this morning to this.........

....but I still got ready for work and took the dogs for a walk in it......



..which was a bit of a struggle, as it is about 8 inches deep which comes up to the chest of my poor little mongrel! The saluki went mad, racing up and down at about a hundred miles an hour, and when we got home, I had to carefully peel a mass of snowballs off his hairy feet!


My daughter thought she'd been transported to Narnia!

As a result (because us British just cannot deal with extremes of weather even though it happens to us on a fairly regular basis) I didn't have to go to work today, it was shut. So we built a snowman instead, which I haven't done for years!

And now I have a totally free day in which to do whatever I please - it's like an unexpected present! So no excuses, there is half a pair of gloves, half a pair of socks, two scarves and a painting, all needing completion. Wonderful snow!

4 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

You forgot half a shrug that needs finishing! And the dog painting!

Love your snow pictures.

LOL Have fun.

natural attrill said...

Photo's look beautiful Caroline, and Stacie in Narnia too!
Enjoy your day off.
P.x

Gretel said...

Blimey! I'd heard it was bad down your way; I haven't seen scenes like that for years! It's just starting to come over here too and quite thickly too. Thankfully Andy's not able to get out of the village to attempt the 45 mile commute on his bike, so hé's safe at home and I can enjoy the snow for once. From indoors. :)

Gordon Fraser said...

These are great Caroline and thats a beautiful photo of Stacie...MAGICAL!