Thursday 9 February 2012

It Never Rains But It Snows.........


This is what I woke up to today.....not alot of snow, but enough to get me a snow day off work - hooray!  It couldn't have come at a better time, as with two sick family members at home and a pile of art work to get on with, I am exhausted!
I have had time in the evenings to complete this though - it's the same crochet pattern as the small teal scarf I made a few weeks ago but this time in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, which means it has turned out considerably bigger...and fluffier!
I'm also working on this, which will be a chunky tank top with a moose head on it!  Saw the pattern on this months Knitty edition and just couldn't resist - who wouldn't want a moose head emblazoned on their bosom?  Luckily, as it is in aran yarn, it's a fairly quick knit but very heavy compared to what I have been working on over the past months.
Smudge here is just about completed - I have to work on the front part of the legs and tidy up the background a bit, but that's all.  I have enjoyed this portrait immeasurably - I think it has kept me sane over the past fortnight.

As from today it is half term week here in the UK, which means no school, no day job for me - hooray!  It comes just at the right time as I have been offered a 3 painting commission by Derwent Pencils with a VERY tight deadline!

No comments: