Friday 3 February 2012

Not All Doom & Gloom.......

Despite all the goings on at Chez Bletsis this week, there have been some pretty good things happening too.  For one thing, I have a big vase of blooming daffodils scenting the house while outside the temperature is -9... minus NINE!  I know this is small potatoes to anyone in Canada and Northern Europe, but for Hampshire in the UK, that's a bit chilly.

Last weekend, my son had an illustration in the Financial Times - considering he's only been freelance for a couple of months, this is quite a feather in his cap.  See it here.  A proud moment for all of us!

Throughout my worry over my partner, I knitted this cute lacy cowl.  It's a Louisa Harding pattern and I used some King Cole yarn which is an acrylic/wool mix with little sequins every few inches.  I don't think this one is of a quality to sell, but I will be making more in a heavier yarn later on - this one will do for keeping out the cold round my own neck.  By the way, knitting is a great soother in times of stress!
I've been looking at this coat on the La Redoute website for months.  It started off at £99....then before Christmas it was reduced to £69, still a bit excessive for my wallet.  I'm a great believer in waiting for what you want and nine times out of ten it works - bought it this week in their sale for £29.  Now that's a price I can't complain about!  Showed it to my partner who chuckled a bit and told me that when he was in the Foreign Legion (yes, indeed he was, all very Beau Geste...) he had a coat just like it... 

And to cap it all, the art & craft work is coming in at a steady pace - brilliant!  Although I feel that any spare cash will be going on the heating bill this month.....

1 comment:

Elizabeth Braun said...

I too have learned the benefits of waiting!=) Well done on getting what you wanted all along - sometimes it works out just beautifully.