Monday 19 November 2007

Woolly Mittens

Having fallen in love with the little Jack Russell pattern and made a couple of brooches using it, I thought how cute it would be to have some gloves or mittens with little friends on the back. I knitted these fingerless mittens in a nice warm blue mohair yarn (you may remember it from the little wrap I made a while back; this was what was left). I then made a couple of little Jack Russells - as time goes on I am getting faster at knocking these things out - and sewed them on to the mittens. Cute! These are for grown ups - why should children have all the fun! £12.50 + P&P SOLD - but I will take orders......

We had a day in London yesterday and visited a fascinating shop called the Japan Centre in Piccadilly. Apart from picking up various foodie bits (no sewing or crochet books unfortunately), I found an origami kit to make jungle animals. Well, that's something that nearly ended up the other end of the room with a boot mark on it! Looks deceptively simple but is actually incredibly hard....at least I mastered how to make a butterfly, but the gibbon and chameleon look like refugees from the Island of Dr. Moreau......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Origami. I love the look of it but have NO patience for it. can't even make a paper crane without it going dreadfully wrong. I love thos mittens. May even be tempted in about 6 months LOL altho where I live it is only cold in the early mornings.

natural attrill said...

These mittens are lovely!
Your origami story made me laugh, I have no patience for that kind of thing.
P.x

Lakshmi said...

so pretty !

Raggy Rat said...

hi hun - the kapock didnt sell, want to make me an offer and ill budle it off to you? id rather have things i will use now .... taking a good look at my stash ... love your jackrussle mittens :-)