Thursday 1 November 2007

First Attempts...

Here are my first forays into my bag of Greek beads! The above is a fairly long chain necklace made using AB greeny/blue flower shaped glass beads and some old brass coloured eye-pins. In between the flowers are some AB seed beads. The flowers are quite small, about the size of a drawing pin head. It is a delicate and understated necklace - pleased with that! £15 + P&P
This is a bracelet made using silver wire, clear seed beads and some fabulous green frosted irregular shaped beads (plastic would you believe, not glass) that look just like sea-glass. I am so happy with this one - trouble is I keep looking at the bag of beads left and feeling bad for using them as they are too nice! £7.50 + P&P

I am in the process of crocheting another Amigurumi bear in very fine crochet cotton - I'm not sure my eyes will stand the strain! I would have finished it last night but kept falling asleep, crochet hook in hand - hopefully I have recovered enough today from the mountain of washing (six loads, SIX!) and shock of going back to work so will be able to stay awake past 7 p.m. - poor old thing, it's a shame.........

4 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Lovely jewellery, Caroline. I love the green sea glass-effect beads. They really DO look like glass.

Don't you just hate back-from-holiday unpacking and laundry?! Rubbish!

Laura x

natural attrill said...

Nice beads Caroline, they do look like sea glass, I've never seen them before, did you buy them in Greece or here in UK?
I like the bracelet, very simple and pretty, colours are lovely, the pale greeen and silver look good together.
P.x

Anonymous said...

Wow, those beads really had me fooled, too till I read the description. Lovely!

Ashley said...

You are so talented. This jewelry is beautiful!