Monday 21 January 2008

Bit of a Change!

We went to the Make It Show yesterday, which all in all was a bit of a disappointment as it centred around card-making and scrapbooking, but I did pick up a few bits and pieces including some brass chain. I've been wanting to have a go with chain for a while, just to see what it is like. My first experiment was the above, interspersing it with porcelain fish and hanging little AB beads every few links. It looks nicer in real life than in the photo! £12 + p&p
Then I went a bit bananas making a dangly mix of glass flowers, leaves, brass leaves and mother-of-pearl birds. I'm really quite pleased with that - no space left and it's a real crowd of beads but they look like a very small jungle together and make a very satisfying tinkly noise. I just love noisy jewellery! £16 + p&p

This is not a style I would make a lot of, but I was pleased to have a go and see the end results. I find that experimenting with a known method leads to other more imaginative ideas in the long run.

I did pick up some rather nice filagree butterflies and am brewing up a crochet wire necklace - needs a bit more thought though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that second piece is lovely. Lucky you and finding filigree butterflies I need one and do you think I can find any nice ones? Can't wait to see what you do.

natural attrill said...

I like the second one as well, very pretty, lovely colour combinations.
P.x