Wednesday 16 April 2008

Not so Fugly now....

You may remember last week I 'won' some beads from Laura, basically because she made them and hated them, and called the poor little things Fuglies. The above is the necklace I made with them which I am really pleased with - I don't think they are fugly at all! I used copper wire, bashed it about to make the circular links and cooked all the bits in the oven for an hour to age them - thank you Sybille of Magpie Magic for your tips on how to do this! I then wired it all together using little matching blue glass beads in between the links. I was aiming for a very retro Sixties/Seventies look, inspired by the long strings of 'Love Beads' we used to wear back then. Hopefully I've pulled it off!

Let me know what you all think.....

4 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Caroline! I never thought in a million years that those beads could look so nice!

You've done a fabulous job. I love the links and I think you've captured the retro look perfectly!

Laura x

Tina said...

Beautiful necklace Caroline. I love the length of it, all your hard work of course.
Tina

Janine - Pretty Vintage Tea Party said...

Beautiful!!! I love what you've done with Lauras beads! How nice to see them so lovingly cared for after their ordeal in the bin :)

Janine xxx

natural attrill said...

This is lovely Caroline, I cant understand why laura didnt like the beads, I do, and I most especially like the links you have made yourself, really nice work.
P.x